Wednesday 29 July 2015

Dream Room Competition

”Designer

I recently came across a competition by Dear Designer, Good To Be Home (Anglian Home Improvement), and Laura Ashley to design a dream room. One winner will win an Anglian Door with Laura Ashley glass worth £1000, and five runners-up will win a £100 Laura Ashley gift voucher. Please click here to enter, and to find the competition guidelines/rules.

I entered a 'design a room' competition hosted by Dear Designer once before. I didn't win any prizes, but you can see my entry here.

Since my previous entry was a living room (which I still really like!), I have chosen this time to design my dream bedroom!

Double Bed Frame £329.99 | Bedside Chest £99.99 | Dressing Table, Mirror and Stool £279.99 | 4+3 Wide Chest of Drawers £299.99 | Cheval Mirror £129.99 | 2 Door Wardrobe with Drawer £479.99

I love this Schreiber Alysa furniture collection in off-white from Homebase. I like the simple, vintage-inspired design, and the colour works well with a lot of other items and styles.

I have chosen these Laura Ashley paint colours and wallpaper, they're so fresh and gentle. They look so pretty together, and work really well with the vintage-yet-modern Schreiber Alysa furniture. The wallpaper is also from Laura Ashley, and I adore the pink/purple and grey floral pattern! I think the paint colours I have chosen work well with the wallpaper, and create a warm and inviting decor to build upon. I really love pale grey colours, and this powder grey paint is beautiful. The green is also lovely, and helps to bring in a little bit of the greenery outdoors (I live in the countryside, I love nature).

Laura Ashley paints £24.99

Laura Ashley - Munro - Grape wallpaper £29.99
I've been looking at striped and patterned carpets for a couple of years now - I really like how they look in different settings with a variety of furniture. I'd really like one on my staircase. This pink striped carpet from floors4home is so pretty, and it picks up on shades from the petals in the Laura Ashley wallpaper.

Alternative Flooring Rock n Roll carpet £35.70/sq m

I've always like Catherine Lansfield's duvet set designs, and this one I think would look lovely with the rest of the room I have designed. I really like the floral print, and gentle rose, white, and biscuits colours. Catherine Lansfield also makes a bedspread, and curtains, in this same design.

Catherine Lansfield Imogen duvet set (double) £23.98

Couples Canvas £10.00 | Arthouse Sunflowers Picture £15.00

I've loved this Couples Canvas picture from Matalan ever since I first saw it - I'm not sure exactly what it is about the image that I like the most, but everything about it just seems perfect and important. I also really like this sunflower picture from Wilko - it reminds me of the Vase of Fifteen Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh, one of my all-time favourite artists.

Bouji Chaise £349
I've always wanted my own Chaise Longue ever since I was a little girl, and this biscuit coloured one from Made.com is ideal.

I also really love this stunning jewellery cabinet from BHS, it's a nice size and I think that the little wooden shelves inside would be great for storing headbands, flower clips, and other accessories (maybe even a few tiaras!).

This fabric floral bunting is also from BHS, and would look really pretty draped on and around the wardrobe!

Vintage Floral Bunting £6 | White Jewellery Cabinet £25

Laura Ashley Minty Complete Lamp £28

Finally, this lovely lamp is from Laura Ashley, and I really like the quirky dice design. The colours are really nice, and the shape is warm and practical. I think it would look great on the bedside table with a good book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...